Monday, February 13, 2006

Good Monday

Good Monday
Good Monday to yall. We were supposed to put rocks around the bottom of our fence this weekend (to keep dog in) but it did not happen. The wind was howling at about 30+ mph and the temp was in the mid 30’s, so we decided it could wait. We may be able to get to the worst edge tonight. This morning, I ended up leaving them securely in the house as earlier I heard them at the fence barking and went out to find 3 100+ pound dogs on the other side of the fence. I shooed them away and picked up Sterling as he was being quite aggravating to them and we all went back inside. I live 10 acres in the boonies. We have many stray and allowed to run loose big dogs in the area as well as coyotes that get pretty close. I have 2 dogs: Sunshine – a 30 pound terrier mix who is perfectly content to stay in her yard and Sterling – a 17 pound Yorkie-Poo who has the nickname of hairy Houdini as he wants to be out and about all of the time.
Knitting content: I talked with my dad Friday night (he is enjoying his socks) and he was wondering who taught me to knit. I tried to learn on my own thru a book when I was about 9 or 10, could not quite figure it out. I had an aunt that tried to teach me about a year later, did not take. When I was about 13 or so, another aunt was successful in getting me to become a knitter. I also had some instruction in a home ec class in high school. I have knitted off and on ever since then, only picking it up enough to remember my skills until 3 years ago. I picked it up as a guard against boredom (I answer technical service calls and when there are no calls I need something to occupy my time) and as therapy to keep my fingers limber for typing.

Psalm 45:1-2 My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer. You are the most excellent of men and your lips have been anointed with grace, since God has blessed you forever.
Happy Valentines Day

No comments: