Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The bookmark is finished

Good morning. The dogs started to get restless at about 5:00 this morning, so I should have known something was up. I finally let them out at 6:00 and had no more than got back in the bed when I smelled it – the skunk was back. It smelled like it was just passing thru so I did not think anything about it. When I went to let the dogs in, I made sure to smell them before letting them in. They did not smell like skunk, but they sure did smell. I actually had to wipe Sunshine’s face before allowing her in the house to eat. I should have fed them outside, because now the kitchen where their bowls are reeks. I do not know what they got into, but it smells like a cross between garlic and sewage. DH has been informed that it needs to be dealt with, cause if I tried, I would have had to take the day off. Anyone for a skunk hunt???

The Denton knitting meeting is at Barnes and Noble at Triangle Mall from 7:00 til…??? After this morning, I definitely need some knitting time.

I guess I have a really bad case of WIPitis. I have 12 of them. I just went and updated my list (created July 20), I have finished several things, but only 2 from the original list.

The bookmark is finished. I even blocked and starched it!!!

In my over 30 years of knitting, there have been many times I have put down the needles. This is sometimes for a few days but has also been for a few years. I always knew it was there if I wanted to do it, but never felt compelled to do so. I do admit, it is kinda hard to figure out where in the pattern you are on something you started 10 years ago, but it can always be frogged. My latest knitting "slump" ended about 2 years ago. I type and use a mouse a lot for my job, and my wrists had started to hurt on a regular basis. I began to pray about this situation and since I refuse to even consider dealing with carpal tunnel, I knew I had to do something. I picked up one of my UFOs and by the time I finished it, my wrists had stopped hurting. I realized that knitting has a totally different repetitive motion, one that counteracts the repetitive motion of typing or mousing. So now, I try to knit on a regular basis, using several different size needles. Knitting is supposed to be fun and relaxing. If it is not, put it away and do something else.


Psalm 34:1-8 I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him

No comments: