Friday, September 30, 2005

TGIF!!

Good morning, TGIF!!! I frogged my Edgar variation yesterday. I need to modify the design a little and then do it with a different yarn. To console myself, I cast on for a skinny version of Edgar (from Knitty). I did work some on my sock yesterday, should not take too long to finish (if I actually keep working on it). I think the cooler weather is inspiring me to knit. I also frogged the puffy shawl I started last week. It just did not work. I also worked 2 rows on my double knitting experiment last night (man I was busy) and want to get it finished. I am using the double handed technique on that, so maybe I need to try Fair Isle.

This morning, I was glad that my DH works here as it looks like my tire is going flat again. I advised him of it, so he will look at it before he goes home.

We tried to do some work in the garage over the weekend, but it was just too hot. It was 100 degrees Sunday. We did not get any rain, only a few clouds on Saturday. I was really hoping for at least a small rain shower as everything out there is so dry. We had to water the back yard Saturday to try to close up some of the cracks as Sterling got his foot caught in a crack, and whimpered as it looked like he may have scraped a toenail on the sides of the crack. He is fine now. The cracks are about 1” to 1.5” wide and in places as much as 1’ to 1.5’ deep. Sterling only has feet about 1 inch wide. Sunshine’s feet are a little wider, so she seems to do ok. We got quite a bit of wind Wednesday night, but no rain at all. Not even one drop. It did cool down to the 60’s.

I did not get much knitting done this past weekend. I read a book instead. I read “Eight Cousins” by Louisa Alcott. I think I have read parts of it before, but this was the first time to go all the way thru like this. I was a good read. They even talked about knitting in there, and a boy learning to knit too.

Isaiah 28:23-29 Listen to me; listen as I plead! Does a farmer always plow and never sow? Is he forever cultivating the soil and never planting it? Does he not finally plant his seeds for dill, cumin, wheat, barley, and spelt, each in its own section of his land? The farmer knows just what to do, for God has given him understanding. He doesn't thresh all his crops the same way. A heavy sledge is never used on dill; rather, it is beaten with a light stick. A threshing wheel is never rolled on cumin; instead, it is beaten softly with a flail. Bread grain is easily crushed, so he doesn't keep on pounding it. He threshes it under the wheels of a cart, but he doesn't pulverize it. The Lord Almighty is a wonderful teacher, and He gives the farmer great wisdom.

No comments: