Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ups and Downs

What a weekend. I actually had time to knit Friday night, and am on row 94 of 125 of my SIL shawl. Saturday we worked on our rental house. Boy was I sore by evening. Sunday was church. On our way to the home group Sunday night, we had not even gone past 3 houses and we noticed that the car was wobbling and sounded horrid. We had another flat tire! By the time we got back under the carport, it was off of the rim. The front tire on the same side is still leaking air, so we switched cars and went on to group. DH had to go another direction Monday and could not take care of the tires. I was able to go to work as a friend loaned us a vehicle for the day. So we had to make another trip to get tires fixed, which made last night quite hectic. Both of the tires on the driver’s side had nails in them, but are now fixed. It was really nice to get my car back this morning. No knitting yesterday.

I did get a chance to go to the book store and gaze at magazines. They had a new one (I think the name was Get Creative) that was really neat. It would really be a good one if someone was trying to learn the basics of knitting. It is an all around craft magazine, and this issue was focusing on knitting. If I read the info right, it is a fairly new mag.

I am making myself some size 11 and 13 DPN, but have not had a chance to work on them at all. I had hoped to do that over the weekend, but did not get that far. I may try to work on them tonight if it looks like DH wants to get more sleep.

The best way to go past the basics is to find a pattern and just do what it says. That is how I did my first sock. That is how I did my first sweater. You can do it!!

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

No comments: