Thursday, September 22, 2005

Wednesday (9/14), after work, I went to look at a cat to see if we wanted to adopt it. When I got there, I noticed that my rear tire was a little low and needed some air before I went home. I liked the cat, so got her loaded up to take home. By that time my tire was completely flat. The gentleman I was getting the cat from put the do-nut spare tire on for me. I was 40 miles away from home and did not want to try to go home with the mini tire, so headed to Wal-Mart to get the tire fixed. They informed me that their patches were to big to fix something that close to the edge of the tire, we can sell you a new tire, and by the way, your donut is flat. I leave and finally find a place to get the donut aired up and head to sears (where we got the tires, they fix for free) thru town as I did not dare go on the interstate with a donut that had already gone flat once. I get to sears, their regular tire guy has already left, but they state they can fix it. So at 7:30, it is done and I head home (over 50 miles away from home now). Remember I still have a cat in the car. I get out on the interstate, and the car starts bouncing and shaking and I think that the tire has gone flat again. The tire looks fine. It is too late to go back to sears, so I press on home. I had to run between 50 and 55 miles per hour all the way there. I got home at about 8:30. I called in and told them I would not be at work Thursday as my car was acting stupid. So yesterday, we went to the sears in Denton and had them re-fix the tire. Found that the first one had not rebalanced the tire after fixing the flat. Car is fixed!!

The cat is a beautiful silver Persian, 2 years old and only about 8 pounds. She seems like a really nice cat, which is why I took her home. She saw the dogs and the other cat and went directly under the bed, totally terrified. When I got home yesterday, I put the dogs outside and pulled her out. She shook for at least 30 minutes before she calmed down enough to even sit in my lap. If Chevy came near, she hissed and spat at him, but remained calm. So I let her down. She went right back to the bed and under it. She would not eat until I put some wet food under the bed with her, and then not much. I tried again to get her out from under the bed, and got scratched and bit quite well. So, Friday she went to work with me to go back to the previous owner. She needs to go to someone without any other pets as she was totally terrified at our house. I was afraid to keep her over the weekend, since she was not eating or using the litter box, and I do not want her to get sick.

I did get a lot of knitting in this weekend, working on my test piece to make sure of my pattern for a contest entry. I started the entry and should go thru it fairly quickly. I also cast on for a new project. I finally got my knit n style this weekend, and loved the puffy shawl. So I raided my stash and am making it from black wool ease with a strand of eyelash yarn held with it on the small needle garter sections. I can tell if I want to do much with this, I need to splurge and get me a decent size 17 circular. The one I have has black points and I could not see the yarn, so I had to switch back to my straights (which are too long to be comfortable sitting in my recliner).

Most of the cat scratches are starting to heal up. I found out Monday that the cat went to the guys mother-in-law, who also happens to work here. It appears to be a better match for the cat.

I finished off one of the baby sweaters (all I had to do was the seams and edging) and it is on its way to the baby it was designated for (she is about 6 months already). I have done the entire heel flap and all of the heel-turn on the sock I am working on. I will be glad to have it finished. I am not addicted to socks. I did receive a very wonderful gift Tuesday night. One of the ladies at church has been knitting and crocheting for many years, but now mainly crochets. She had sets of DPN by Susan Bates, very vintage (prices stamped on the case of 50 cents), very nice, that she was no longer using. She gave them all to me. Most of them are in their little zippered carrying case. I really like them. Now I should be inspired to do things with them. I may try a sock with them instead of the wooden ones.

In other news. The skunk has still not been caught, but the dogs have not been near it lately. They smell much better, but I can still sometimes catch a whiff of it on them. The skunk is mainly active early in the morning, when DH is not there, so depending on the weather; he may try again this weekend to find it. Until then, the dogs do not get to go outside until it is daylight.

Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

No comments: