Monday, August 22, 2005

Good morning. I never made it to the knitting this weekend. Saturday, we goofed around the house then went to some friends’ house, grilled some dinner and goofed around in their new pool. Sunday, after church, I took a nap then went to Wal-mart and bought plastic drawers to sort my yarn. I cannot walk thru the “sewing” room for all of the yarn in there and since I want to start on Christmas presents soon, I need to see what is there.

My favorite books from my childhood were the Happy Hollister’s or the Triplets. I also enjoyed reading biographies (The Story of …….) also known as the signature series books. I collect children’s books. I just finished re-reading “Little Women” and started the next book in that series “Little Men”. I plan to read the entire set, in order. I had forgotten how interesting they were.

I finished the petal hat. The picture is below. I did this in the round and it looks like a preemie to newborn size of hat. Size 4 needles all the way in DK weight yarn. I think I have time to make one more wool hat before I need to send them off. I think I am going to try a size between the two I have already made. Once I finish the hats, I need to get started on Christmas presents. I have a shawl for my SIL to make plus what ever for the others. There is no use in planning the projects till I get some sorting done in the craft/sewing room.

I finally cast on for the third wool hat. The yarn I am using is unlabeled, but the lot from ebay that I bought it in stated all was 100% wool. It does not feel like any of the other wool yarn I have used. I did the “burn test” and it is indeed wool.

2 Tim 1:12 - For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

No comments: