Monday, August 08, 2005

It was a good weekend

thoughts

Good morning. I actually had time to knit this weekend. I did 4 rows on my lace tablecloth. I did not have my good cable needed at home, so I had to use a dp for that. I wanted to do more, but the dp was too awkward. It is in my purse to be taken home today. I have no idea why it was here at work. Once I had to put that away, I worked on the bulky sweater and got the third piece up to the armholes. One more piece on that and I can do the shoulder sections. I watched Knitty Gritty (http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_dkng/0,2044,DIY_18180,00.html) on Saturday and was fascinated by the double knitting. So yesterday, I charted a simple heart and found some contrasting yarn and started. I have done about 10 rows and it seems to be going fairly well. I have almost mastered the two handed knitting style and seem to be changing colors almost ok. I did notice some loose parts at the color change. It is definitely not for beginners or the faint of heart. It looks like it would be a good technique to use to make potholders since things come out so thick.

I think I spent the rest of the weekend sleeping!! We did not even leave the property on Saturday we were both so tired from going to convention. All in all, it was a very good weekend.

Our last night at convention was Friday. Kenneth spoke and tied together the things we had heard during the week. I have not heard a report from Saturday, but I am sure it was great.

Deut 6:4-5 - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Matt 22: 36-40 - Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

No comments: