Thursday, August 11, 2005

not too busy

thoughts

Good afternoon. Today is finally not too busy. We have had system problems this week, so it has been very busy here. Last night, we worked on the rental house as there is someone who may be interested in looking at it. I did yard work and wore a blister on my finger. DH worked on the AC unit, found that it needs to be serviced. That was supposed to have been done before the sale was complete. Grrrrr. Hopefully our A/C guy can get to it pretty soon. At least it is making anyone live in a hot place. I guess that will mean putting off the painting for a little while longer since we have to spend the money on A/C. The summer heat has taken its toll on the landscaping over there. All in good time it will get better.

I went to the Denton knitters meeting Tuesday night. I really enjoyed myself and want to keep going. While I was there, I bought the INKnitters magazine. They have one shawl in there that is really nice looking. I have been reading thru the instructions and am not sure I understand them. They also have a lacy scarf in there that looks like it would be really nice to make.

I put the preemie hat on the DP as it was a little too small for the circ ( I was constantly adjusting the stitches) and started another child’s hat on the circ. I hope to get it done quickly as I want to be able to send it to the Afghans for Afghans hat project. I think I will keep a preemie hat on the needles so I will always have a mindless project to work on. I enjoy the double knitting, but I can only do a couple of rows at a time as my left hand is not used to the two handed knitting. I will try to remember to take a picture of it for all of you. I plan to start the petal hat as soon as I get one of these hats I am making now off of the needle.

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: